Job purposeThe Mental Health Advocates of WNY is seeking a passionate, full-time, paralegal who is looking to make a difference in the community. This opening is within our Legal Services department. The MHA of WNY treasures, respects and seeks to preserve the integrity of all those we serve. Our daily practice is to honor our commitment to support mental health and help those living with mental illness. We model this belief in our conduct as professionals; how we represent the Mental Health Advocates and through our compassion for each other in the workplace.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain a caseload of clients: representing them before administrative and governmental agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree with one year’s formal or on-the-job paralegal training.
- Associate’s degree with specialized paralegal training.
- At least 1-year experience handling Social Security Disability cases.
- At least 1-year experience in poverty law or mental health law.
- Ability to read and interpret government regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of legal research.
- Proficient computer skills in a Microsoft Office environment (Word, Access, PowerPoint, etc.) or other current technology. Must include Excel and skills in database management and recordkeeping.
The MHA offers excellent benefits including health, dental, and dental insurance; in addition to a 403b plan and student loan forgiveness
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to Ed Martnshin at firstname.lastname@example.org